Monday 7 April 2014

3 Sisters Bake - Book Launch

by Bex


Last week we were invited along to the book launch of the Three Sisters Bake recipe book at Waterstones.  I had heard of the Three Sisters' cafe  in Quarriers Village but have still never been (there are definite plans afoot) after having first read about them in a newspaper we were featured in as part of Glasgow Baking Club.  They all left office jobs to work together and open their bakery and their story is inspiring.  They clearly love what they do and after sampling some of their goodies on the night, I can assure you they're good at it too!  :)

Each sister spoke in front of the beautiful stained glass window upstairs.

Some of the tasty treats we sampled.

The baked goodies didn't last long!


The book looks gorgeous and is filled with lovely photos and recipes.  I will definitely be buying one (after we move, I think Nik will kill me if I buy more books while we're supposed to be decluttering!) and got one signed on the night for my mother-in-law who also loves to bake!

You can buy the book via their website, in bookshops or from Amazon:


After the event I went for a quick (non-alcoholic) drink with Ali and her friend to the Tiki Bar, the member of staff was so busy but so lovely and made me an awesome fruity mocktail served in this cool pineapple:


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100