Thursday 1 August 2013

This time next week...

by Roz

As you read this post we only have 7 sleeps before we get the keys to our new house!!  I may be slightly excited :)  At some point in the future I'll be hanging out under the stoop with a glass of wine and a good book watching the world go by...




I had hoped to share a bit more detail of our house move and design plans before now but this year has disappeared in spectacular fashion.  There have been a lot of low points for us in 2013, so I've been focusing a lot of time and effort into our forever home and I can't wait until we get the keys.  I'm holding off sharing too many pictures of the inside just yet, as the ones I have are full of the documents, photographs etc. that belong to the company that currently own the property.  There will be all the photos taken when the property is ours and empty though!!  I may go a little crazy on Instagram this time next week, you have all been warned.

I thought might be fun to share a few of the things I'm most excited about:

  • Designing our walk in wardrobe - we are taking a whole room and turning it into a big ass closet of dreams!  It even has it's own window and there are grand plans for putting some of my designer bags on display.
  • The library!!!  A whole room FULL of all the books*.  This is going to be up in one of the attic rooms and I can already picture the floor to ceiling shelves in my head.  The room even has a fireplace.  To quote one of my favourite people, Le Sigh! 
  • The wine cellar.  B and I used to be quite into our posh wines but I can't remember the last time we spent more than £5 on a bottle, oh no wait I can.  We only have a few bottles to grace the shelves but I can't wait to design what will in effect be a posh cupboard just for the wine.
  • The entrance hallway, it should really set the tone for the whole house.  No pressure then...One of the first things we are going to do when we get the keys is rip up the, many layers of, carpet in our hallway.  B thinks I'm crazy to hope that the original tiles will still be there, if they are I'm sure you will hear my woop of delight :)
  • Designing our master bathroom & en suite - oh the tiles, the shower, the lights.  There are so many good bathroom ideas I'm lusting after on pinterest.
  • Buying a super king bed and sleeping like a star fish (see what I've done there?!?) forever more!

However buying a grade A listed town house that's currently used as an office was never going to be the smoothest of purchases. Here are a few of the things that have raised our blood pressure:





  • Trying to find someone that will remove our 5 storey fire escape. Seriously people that is a lot of metal to throw away.
  • Complying with oodles of random building regulations!  
  • Finding out that we have to fit a sprinkler system!  Now that's a lot of £££ that was not in our original budget (think of the price of a small car and then double it!!!)
  • Having heated arguments discussions about what work we can do ourselves to save money and which jobs may actually kill us!
  • Seeing our move in date move ever later as all these things mean less money to fit the necessary fixtures such as a kitchen and new boiler.  Never fear the glamorous moving in party will still happen at some point.



We will be enjoying a chilled bottle of this bad boy (sitting on cushions on the floor!) at about 6pm next Thursday, feel free to raise a glass and join us :)

Roz xxx

*All and any donations gratefully received :)


12 comments:

Vikki said...

I cannot even begin to imagine how fabulous your new house is going to be! I look forward to seeing pictures and watching it progress. xxx

Unknown said...

I am so jealous! This is going to be the most amazing home. I can't wait to watch it all come together! Xox

aDizzyGirl said...

Too exciting! You know where I am if you need any painting/wallpaper stripping/carpet up-ripping done. Those are the limits of my DIY talents but I'll bring cake and enthusiasm.

Amanda M said...

Walk in wardrobe! Wine cellar! Library! I don't know how you're not combating with excitement! I know I am.

Amanda M said...

COMBUSTING. Bloody phone.

Rebecca@FlorenceFinds said...

Roz, I am ridiculously excited for you and I can't wait to see this unfold. Really can't. Argh!

Roll on Thursday!

Zan said...

WALK IN WARDROBE??? LIBRARY?????

A-mazing. Def. wangling an invite to visit once you're all done! (or earlier, just to marvel!).

xx

Unknown said...

Thanks ladies!! You are all invited to the house warming obviously :) And D offers of cake and manual labour are never going to be turned down!! Xx

Claire said...

So excited for your R! It sounds like it is going to be amazing.

Xx

Vics said...

Ummm 5 floors to decorate and enjoy! This is amazing! And a library! You are living my dream (well minus having to do all the carpet ripping up and painting hee hee)
Congratulations!!

Gwen - TheFoodieHistorian said...

Wow! What a project! I have major library envy :)

WestEndGirl said...

Oooohhh! I'm giddy for you, this all sounds absolutely fantastic! I actually can't WAIT to see more pictures xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100