Saturday 25 August 2012

Happy Birthday Dad!

Today is my Dad's birthday!  I figured since my Mum got her own special post (due to the lateness of her birthday card and Dad's will be late too ;) sorry Dad) he should get one too!  I seem to have a lot of photos of Mum & I and not so many with my Dad.  I do, however, have many, many more photos of him from my wedding day than of Mum!

Wearing my sunglasses :)
I have never felt so loved by my Dad than on my wedding day.  His expression and words when I emerged from my bedroom in my dress for the first time, sharing his sloe gin with me from the mini engraved hip flask  we gave him...


Dad holding up my train as Mum attaches my veil while waiting for the taxi

His grin when taking my arm and walking me down the aisle...




Hi speech which was SO funny and clever but really touching and had us both getting emotional...




And he made sure we got a dance although had to be careful as I kept sliding on my dress with my dancing sparkly flats on!

I know it's mega blurry but it's the only one I have of us dancing!
(Taken by Liz)

We don't always get along if we have to live together for more than a few days (due to our matching fiery tempers) but I love him and he has always supported me in everything I've done.  He gets excited planning family diving holidays and even reads my blog.  I absolutely love his stories from when I was a toddler and I remember it was always my Dad who would come to talk me down as a teenager when I was in trouble, upset or sulking for one reason or another, he always managed it and always had a hug for me even when it was him that had told me off for whatever reason!  I know I can talk to him about anything, even though he often gets passed over for a Mum chat but he's not so much into the gossip, shopping and crafty catch ups  ;)

Happy Birthday!
Love you (and your card will  be waiting here since I get to see you both in just over a week!  - I haven't seen them since the wedding!)
Bex
x

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Bex's Dad!

This is a lovely post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100