Tuesday 8 May 2012

Sunday Weigh In 9


It's now been 9 weeks since starting my new healthy lifestyle I decided that each Sunday I will post up my progress, whether successful or not in the hope that it encourages me to stay positive and keep going.  Knowing that I will be sharing it all here will hopefully keep my willpower up!  In order for me to keep track and look back for ideas, I will be listing my food diary here as well (and who knows, it might inspire others to have a go too!)  It also gives me somewhere to put all the photos of the yummy food I love to take as it always looks so good!

Again this post was delayed by another busy weekend away and we just returned late Monday night.  I've loads of photos to share and lots to write about but wanted to record my food diary before I forgot it all!  I have to say, taking photos of everything this weekend helped as I was unable to update this post each day as I usually do so it was a struggle to remember everything!  This week was always going to end on another food high with a weekend of wedding related shenanigans down in London and I promised my father in law I wouldn't diet all weekend (as if I could have resisted the amazing food on offer anyway!?!) so paid no attention to which of the foods were fried and which were healthier - I just enjoyed what was there and it was gooooood!  Therefore I am not in the least bit concerned over my weight this week but am looking forward to getting back on track again with a bit more exercise next week.


Monday: 

Breakfast - 2 bacon medallions, 2 scrambled eggs, 1 slice home-made wholemeal seeded bread, orange juice
Lunch - ham salad roll (seeded wholemeal roll, ham, English mustard, red pepper hummous, lettuce, cucumber, black pepper), home-made veg soup
Dinner  home-made veg soup, 2 slices wholemeal seeded bread with thin smear of butter, piece of chicken breast slice, 1 mango
Snacks - walkers 'french fries', pepperami mini, vanilla yoghurt, 1 banana

Exercise - 1 hour walking




Tuesday:

Breakfast - mushroom omelette, orange juice
Lunch - chicken salad roll, seeded wholemeal roll, lettuce, yellow pepper, tomato, cucumber, hummous, English mustard, light mayo, black pepper, cup of  home-made veg soup, skimmed milk, apple
Dinner - Morrisons' 'Eat Well' Lamb Mousakka, home-made 'pear cream' dessert (recipe from M&S healthy recipes book), skimmed milk
Snacks - Wotsits, mug (couldn't find the bowl at work!) of blueberry wheat cereal with almond milk, vanilla yoghurt, cherry yoghurt, pepperami mini,  home-made veg soup

Exercise - 30 mins walking, 20 mins swimming (most frustrating swim ever - only 1 lane open, full of about 10 people and I got stuck behind a man doing actual doggy paddle!), 1 hour pilates class






Wednesday: 

Breakfast - boiled egg on wholemeal seeded roll, almond milk
Lunch - ham & cucumber wholemeal roll, home-made veg soup, piece of chicken breast, orange juice
Dinner - Spanish pork & pepper brown rice, 2 glasses of Rioja, 1 slice home-made wholemeal bread
Snacks - quavers, boiled egg, pear, 2 passion fruit, slice of ham, almond milk, approx 10 jelly belly beans

Exercise - 1 hour walking




Thursday:

Breakfast - green thai chicken sandwich with spinach with no mayo, water (eaten in the hairdresser as I forgot breakfast before I went rushing into town first thing!  Oops!)
Lunch - left over Spanish pork & rice, skimmed milk
Dinner - left over Spanish pork & rice (it needed using up since we were away for the weekend!), skimmed milk (also needed using up!)
Snacks - quavers, orange juice, tiny packet of crisps on the plane, tomato juice (with worcestershire sauce), sparkling water, apple, jelly belly beans

Exercise - lots of rushing round town and a hike back up the hill from the subway plus marching round the airport!


Friday:

Breakfast - 1 slice seeded wholemeal toast with butter & Marmite, 1 bowl porridge with added dried fruits (raisins and mixed peel I think) and almonds, semi-skimmed milk
Lunch - salad, ham, cheese, seeded bread & butter, sweetcorn, semi-skimmed milk
Dinner - various home-made Indian delights (Daal, Saag, rice, naan, leg of lamb, coconut sweetcorn), salad, pink Cava, soda water, 1 Laddu
Snacks - pear, tomato, Chablis, pink Cava, 

Exercise - none






Saturday: 

Breakfast - 1 slice seeded wholemeal toast with butter & Marmite, 1 bowl porridge with added dried fruits and almonds, skimmed milk
Lunch - cheese sandwich made with seeded bread & butter, salad, skimmed milk
Dinner - Indian starters (fish amritsari, chicken tikka, paneer, Puchka Bhel (before I realised they contained peanuts which wasn't marked by the caterer on the menu!!  Eeek, luckily was OK after an anti-histamine!)), Indian mains (coconut prawn curry, daal, masala lamb chops, aloo gobi capsicum, raita, salad), rice, naan, (missed pudding as I was up dancing!), white wine, water
Snacks - canapes (1 mushroom & 2 vegetable yummy things!), champagne, 1 bacardi & orange juice

Exercise - lots of bollywood style dancing!








Sunday:

Breakfast - small traditional breakfast (sausage, bacon, egg, beans, mushrooms), wholemeal seeded bread, butter, orange juice
Lunch - none
Dinner - Tian of crab with avocado & Gazpacho, rump of lamb with new potatoes & veg, Selection of desserts (now as I missed pudding on Saturday and the desserts today were so small and delicious, I felt I should try them all!  There were 5 - Creme Brulee, Lemon Posset, Eton Mess, Champagne Jelly and Chocolate Mousse!  Oops, but they were yummy and I then made the same mistake of getting up to dance and stayed on the dance floor all night and missed out on petit fours and wedding cake!  Probably just as well though!), white wine, red wine, water
Snacks - cucumber sandwich canapés, more canapés (chicken skewers, scallop, filo tart, salmon blinis), champagne, bellini, green cocktail, yellow cocktail

Exercise - dancing all night!  (also walking in super high wedges - could definitely feel it in the calves!)












And the results this week:

Weight last week - 12 st 7 1/2 lbs
Weight this week (Thursday) - 12 st 6 1/2 lbs
(Monday - dehydrated AND on different scales so probably false!) - 12st 5 lbs
(Tuesday) - 12st 10lbs, hmmm - there was a lot of food and wine this weekend
Loss/Gain this week - who knows!?!

Total Loss - ????  I think I'll leave this blank this week!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hate when your weight gets confusing, but it seems that wedding aside you ate healthily and at the wedding you ate well (and everything in moderation is a motto for a reason).

Am finding this quite inspiring as I try to relose the six pounds I gained over Easter before the wedding (they seem reluctant to shift).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100