Tuesday 1 May 2012

Recipe: Random Vegetable Soup

On Sunday evening I decided to use up all of the vegetables we had left in the fridge since I hadn't managed to make all the recipes I had planned to during the week.  I made vegetable soup and just threw in whatever we had and some carrots I bought that evening with this in mind.  It ended up being somewhat random as a result and completely hit or miss - I was anticipating a brown sludge by the time I blended it all and had no idea if it would be tasty but it is actually really yummy!!  I wrote all the veg down straight away so I wouldn't forget what went in it so I can re-create it again although I might just experiment more with soups in the future.

Ingredients:

1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 potatoes, chopped
1/2 bunch of celery, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 pack broccoli & cauliflower florets, chopped
1/2 pack carrot batons, chopped
6ish tomatoes, quartered
1800ml vegetable bouillon

Method:  (This is not very specific as I didn't time it)

Heat the oil in a large pan, sauté the onions & garlic on a low-med heat until soft.  Add the celery, potatoes and spices, stir for 1-2 mins.  Add the remaining vegetables (except the tomatoes) and the vegetable stock.  Bring to the boil and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes are soft, adding the tomatoes about 5 mins before the end.  Leave to cool slightly and blitz with hand blender or food processor.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100