Sunday 8 April 2012

Sunday Weigh In 5


It's now been 5 weeks since starting my new healthy lifestyle I decided that each Sunday I will post up my progress, whether successful or not in the hope that it encourages me to stay positive and keep going.  Knowing that I will be sharing it all here will hopefully keep my willpower up!  In order for me to keep track and look back for ideas, I will be listing my food diary here as well (and who knows, it might inspire others to have a go too!)  It also gives me somewhere to put all the photos of the yummy food I love to take as it always looks so good!

This week has been a little trickier to keep motivated due to one thing or another.  At the start of the week the weather was horrid, cold, sleet and snow = taking the car to work!  I had a bad night's sleep on Wednesday so was pretty knackered thus ending up being un-organised and heading to Greggs for a ready made roll.  The weather made it more difficult to be motivated generally as I just wanted to be at home snuggled up.  It has definitely made a difference and I hope to carry on walking next week even if it's raining.  I am hoping to tone up even more by May as I have a big family wedding to attend and hope to look my best in my Saree and new dress (it's a 2 day thing).


Monday: 

Breakfast - 1 boiled egg, 2 veggie sausages, 2 slices 5/5 seeded bread, apple, pear & plum juice
Lunch - salad (lettuce, tomatoes, celery, red onion, beetroot, yellow pepper, smoked tuna, crayfish, tzatsiki yoghurt dressing), small piece of jarlsberg cheese
Dinner - Yo! Sushi (salmon sashimi, mixed fish maki, cucumber maki, fizzy water, soy sauce, wasabi, ginger)
Snacks - dragonfruit, small piece of carrot cake, quavers, hard boiled egg, pepperami mini

Exercise - 30-45 mins walking round Silverburn






Tuesday:

Breakfast - hard boiled egg, 1/2 can baked beans, 1 slice 50/50 toast, skimmed milk
Lunch - 1/2 mushroom pizza
Dinner - salmon fillet with Mediterranean sauce (tomato & olive from asda), peas, sweetcorn, skimmed milk, blueberry wheat cereal with skimmed milk
Snacks - quavers, skimmed milk, tin of mackerel, cherry & Greek yoghurt Muller corner, sweet chilli snack-a-jack crunchy curls, passion fruit

Exercise - 30 mins swimming (40 lengths)


Wednesday: 

Breakfast - 1 boiled egg, 1/2 can baked beans, 1 slice toast
Lunch - mexican chicken oval bite from Greggs
Dinner - mushroom omelette, ketchup, cherry tomatoes, skimmed milk, melon pieces
Snacks - dragon fruit, wotsits, apple, plum & pear juice

Exercise - 1 hour walking



Thursday:

Breakfast - 2 bacon medallions (I have really missed bacon), 2 slices wholemeal bread (1 toasted), 1 egg fried in flora spray oil, smear of ketchup, apple & raspberry juice
Lunch - 1/2 Asda Chicken, Basil & Tomato sandwich (with tomatade & basil crème fraiche dressing & spinach), orange juice
Dinner -  Yo! Sushi again!  (Love Blue Thursdays AND Blue Monday deals!) (Salmon sashimi, assorted fish maki, cucumber maki, salmon & avocado hand roll, pumpkin korroke, prawn nigiri)
Snacks - the other half of the sandwich, fruit (strawberries, cantaloupe, grapes, blackberries)

Exercise - 1 hour horse-riding, 40 mins swimming (60!! lengths - I managed 45 in 30 mins, so went for 50 in 35 then thought I may as well carry on and do 60!)



Friday:

Breakfast - scrambled egg & 1 slice wholemeal toast, soda water
Lunch - Sweet chilli shredded beef wrap with lettuce, cherry tomatoes, yellow pepper, semi-skimmed milk
Dinner - Weight Watchers Chicken, Tomato & Spinach lasagne, salad (lettuce, cherry tomatoes, yellow peppers, avocado oil, balsamic), semi-skimmed milk
Snacks - soda water, quavers, yoghurt, physalis, boiled egg, pieces of mexican chicken, piece of ham, 1 thorntons Viennese truffle

Exercise - 32 mins swimming (50 lengths)




Saturday: 

Breakfast - 2 grilled bacon medallions, 2 scrambled eggs, handful of button mushrooms (fried in flora spray)
Lunch - mexican chicken wrap (lettuce, peppers, hummus, red onion, avocado, natural yoghurt)
Dinner - Asda Good For You Thai Green Chicken Noodles, fruit box (cantaloupe, kiwi, mango, pineapple), small glass red wine
Snacks - ready salted hula hoops, 1/2 cup tea,

Exercise - none


Sunday:

Breakfast - 2 grilled bacon medallions, 4 grilled baby portobello mushrooms, 2 eggs fried in the bottom of a wok (no oil), 1 slice wholemeal toast, orange juice
Lunch - shredded sweet chilli beef wrap (lettuce, peppers, avocado, cherry tomatoes, red onion, Tzatsiki, Tabasco sauce), wotsits, soda & cordial
Dinner - I'm planning an Indian take-away (Lamb Bhuna with boiled rice) as a treat since I've been good with the cakes this week!  And it's Easter and Nik's away so I fancy a treat!
Snacks - treated myself to a Wispa gold (since it is Easter after all!), fruit box (apple, grapes, orange, pineapple), quavers, yoghurt

Exercise - 45 min body pump class, 30 mins swimming (46 lengths)





And the results this week:

Start Weight - 13 st 4 lbs
Weight last week - 12 st 12 lbs
Weight this week - 12 st 10 lbs
Loss/Gain this week - 2lbs

Total Loss -8 lbs

This week I have also taken my measurements as it's been a month since I remembered to take 'before' measurements.  I don't want to do this too often so that I can really notice a difference so I will take them every 4 weeks.  This is where I am really hoping to see a difference rather than weight loss as it's my muffin top and saddle bags which I most want to diminish!  It would be great if I could look better in some of my favourite old clothes I haven't worn for a while (but couldn't bear to get rid of) due to being a bit overweight.  I have noticed that already my jeans are definitely not as snug!  :)

Inch Loss:
Arm - 1/4"
Chest - 1/2"
Waist - 1"
Love Handles (Muffin Top) - 2"
Bum - 0
Thighs (Saddle Bags) - 1 1/2"
Single Thigh - 1 1/2"

Before and Now in my gym gear... (relaxed - not sucking in tummy!)


:D


5 comments:

Lynky said...

Definitely looking more toned. Meals look great too. Off on hols tomorrow but will be checking back regularly. Love you lots. Mum

thebabywife said...

Fantastic - well done you! Definately notice a difference in your gym pics :) x

Bex said...

:) Thanks, have fun on holiday!! xx

Bex said...

Thanks, I'm really noticing a difference too :)

Vikki said...

Looking fab Bex! Looking forward to seeing you next weekend! Xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100