Friday 16 September 2011

Re-design and a Recipe - Butternut Squash & Chicken Curry

You may have noticed I've done a bit of a re-design and there is a new name for the blog!  I decided that Wedding Frenzy didn't really fit any more since I have decided to continue blogging.  I did want to keep the spirit of why I started my blog so decided to use our wedding themes as a title.  I hope you like the new header - it's version 8!!!  It's also another sneak peek of our wedding photos!  ;)




So in the interest of what I intend to blog about now (other than life in general) here is what we had for dinner tonight!...

I saw this recipe on Tesco when I was being lazy this week and ordering a grocery delivery after my tiring but fab weekend in London!  I like how they have a link at the end of their recipes where it takes you to a list of everything you might need which you can just click to add to your shopping basket!  Loving the laziness ;)

I did change things a little so here is what I did and the result!

Ingredients:

  • 3tbsp red curry paste
  • 2tbsp coconut cream
  • 400ml (13fl oz) skimmed milk
  • 3 spring onions, cut into short lengths
  • 500g (1lb) butternut squash, peeled and cubed
  • 12 button mushrooms, halved
  • 250g (8oz) cherry tomatoes
  • fish sauce, to season
  • small bunch coriander, leaves chopped
  • cooked noodles or rice, to serve
  • 1 lime, cut into wedges, to serve



I added 400g diced chicken as I need to have at least one meat in a curry, but that's just me!  I also decided to just use a 400ml can of reduced fat coconut milk instead of the coconut cream and skimmed milk.  Oh and I only had yellow thai curry paste so I used that instead of red!  The bits of the method I have ignored I have added square brackets [ ] and the bits I added I used curly brackets{ }.


In a deep frying pan, heat the curry paste [and coconut cream together]{and diced chicken} over a low heat, stirring{until the chicken is seared and almost fully cooked}. Pour in the {coconut} milk, stir well, and bring to a simmer.




Add the spring onions and butternut squash and cook for about 10 minutes, until the squash is just tender. Add the rest of the vegetables and simmer for another 5 minutes.




Season with fish sauce to taste, sprinkle over the coriander and serve on [noodles or] rice, with the lime wedges on the side.



I can report that it was absolutely delicious - it's supposed to serve 4 but we only have enough leftovers for one lunch!  Oops!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100