Monday 25 April 2011

Nailing it

OK, I have to admit that this title was totally inspired - OK nicked, but I added the 'ing' - from the wonderful Sophie's blog which is much more inspiring than mine given everything she is going through and my biggest worry is that I can't decide which nail polish to wear and the fact we STILL haven't booked a caterer with just 68 days to go!  Very minor in comparison to having all your hair fall out and fighting for your life!  She is dealing with it all in such an admirable way.

So, anyway, back to my insignificant (in the grand scheme of things, but actually they really are important to me at the moment and that's what matters while I am lucky enough to have my health and my wedding to look forward to) ramblings about wedding nail plans!

At the last wedding show I went to - purely to go back and book the cake (omigod the cake I haven't blogged about that amazing deliciousness yet!) to get their 'show only' price after seeing/tasting them at the first wedding show I went to but not being aware enough at that point to actually book!  Anyway I digress again, while there wandering round to just see what might be new since the last big one at the SECC, I found Filthy Gorgeous.  Available exclusively at Debenhams online and in Glasgow and London, they have a great range of colours which I just love!  I immediately spotted this amazing glittery green colour called Rock Star, which they explained had 8 different sizes of glitter to give it a truly sparkling liquid type effect.  This is what I plan to have on my and my BMs' toes!  Definitely getting a picture of our feet with all of our toes sparkling green : D



It's actually described as antique gold sparkle but it definitely looks green to me and everyone else who I've shown it to and a couple of blogs I've just found it reviewed on!  It especially works layered over one of my other green polishes!  I actually bought one of the box sets as it was another bargain at £25 for 4 compared to £9 each.  Although they are currently down to £12.50 in the sale!!  Double bargain!  I also love the rock chick style packaging!

Box set containing Black, my glitter green, bright red and a gunmetal grey glitter (also gorgeous!)
So, that's the toes sorted!  Unfortunately I am completely stuck on the finger nails!  I had originally thought I would stick with the classic French Manicure for the wedding day as it's always going to be in style and is nice and simple but effective.  Then I found this Champagne colour from Models Own (not the bright orange one but the middle row far right!)

Picture from the Models Own blog
I love this colour and wear it often but not sure if it would be too much.  The other option is for my BMs to wear the Champagne colour while I stick with the classic French Manicure?  Please let me know what you think in the comments below as I really can't decide!

Post Wedding Update:

I went for classic nails in the end.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100